- 1 What is there to do in Madera Canyon?
- 2 How far is Madera Canyon from Green Valley AZ?
- 3 Is Madera Canyon in Pima County?
- 4 Can you drive through Madera Canyon?
- 5 How long is the hike to Tanque Verde Falls?
- 6 Are dogs allowed at Madera Canyon?
- 7 Is Parker Canyon Lake closed?
- 8 What’s the elevation of Madera Canyon?
- 9 Is Mount Lemmon Open 2020?
What is there to do in Madera Canyon?
Best Things To Do near Madera Canyon, AZ 85614
- Fred Lawrence Whipple Observatory. 3.1 mi.
- Tubac Presidio State Park. 12.6 mi.
- Madera Canyon Picnic Area. 0.0 mi.
- Heirloom Farmers Markets – Green Valley Farmers & Artisans. 11.9 mi.
- Tubac Festival of the Arts. 12.5 mi.
- Agua Linda Farm.
- Tubac Golf Resort & Spa.
- Bog Springs Campground.
How far is Madera Canyon from Green Valley AZ?
History & Nature. Located 25 miles south of Tucson and 11 miles east of Green Valley, this mountainous break in the northwest face of the Santa Rita Mountains offers a generally temperate climate.
Is Madera Canyon in Pima County?
Daniels later built a home in Madera Canyon and was elected sheriff of Pima County in 1920.
Can you drive through Madera Canyon?
Road Conditions: The road to Madera Canyon is a narrow, curving, 2-lane paved road with steep grades in places. In winter, there is often snow or patches of ice on the road in the canyon. Two loops of the Madera Nature Trail are barrier-free, one from the Proctor Road Trailhead and one from the Whitehouse Picnic Area.
How long is the hike to Tanque Verde Falls?
Tanque Verde Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.
Are dogs allowed at Madera Canyon?
Madera Canyon Though this area is popular for bird-watching, dogs can use the trails as well. The Madera Canyon Nature Trail parallels the road through the park, so you can choose to hike any length before turning around and hiking back to your car.
Is Parker Canyon Lake closed?
Area Status: Open For those who like to fish, Parker Canyon Lake offers both cold and warm water species, including stocked rainbow trout and resident bass, sunfish, and catfish.
What’s the elevation of Madera Canyon?
Madera Canyon is a populated place situated in Santa Cruz County, Arizona, United States. It has an estimated elevation of 4,911 feet (1,497 m) above sea level.
Is Mount Lemmon Open 2020?
Lemmon is open again with no restrictions. Road conditions and the most current information can be found on the road closure hotline: (520) 547-7510.