- 1 Is December a good time to visit Madeira?
- 2 How warm is Madeira in December?
- 3 Can you sunbathe in Madeira in December?
- 4 What clothes to wear in Madeira in December?
- 5 Can you swim in Madeira in December?
- 6 What is there to do in Madeira in December?
- 7 Is Madeira a winter destination?
- 8 Where is the warmest place in Europe in December?
- 9 What is the best month to go to Madeira?
- 10 Is Madeira Nice in December?
- 11 Can you sunbathe in Madeira in January?
- 12 Is Madeira good in December?
- 13 How warm is Madeira in November?
- 14 How far is Madeira Airport from Funchal?
- 15 What should I bring to Madeira?
Is December a good time to visit Madeira?
Average monthly temperatures For the highest temperatures the best time to visit Madeira is between August and September although the sub tropical climate offers sunshine throughout the year and winter months are equally popular with visitors.
How warm is Madeira in December?
Is It Hot In Madeira In December? The average temperature for the island falls from 18°C on December 1st to 17°C by December 31st. Daily highs range from 20°C to 19°C and the lows are from 16°C to 15°C.
Can you sunbathe in Madeira in December?
Can you sunbathe in Madeira in December? Yes, in December and January, Funchal enjoys five times as many sunshine hours as London, but due to Madeira’s island weather, clouds often come and go and the sun is never guaranteed.
What clothes to wear in Madeira in December?
Madeira in winter is neither cold nor hot, but with frequent short showers and some very impressive clouds the weather is prone to changing quickly. Most days we combined a selection of short sleeved & long sleeved tshirts with a hooded top and a pair of jeans.
Can you swim in Madeira in December?
Swimming the islands of Madeira in december is cool So though the sea temperature may sometimes reach 70°F, it can also go as low as 67°F. Note that the average is 68°F.
What is there to do in Madeira in December?
15 Best Things to Do in Madeira (Portugal)
- Ponta de São Lourenço. Source: flickr Ponta de São Lourenço.
- Cabo Girão. Source: flickr Cabo Girão.
- Pico Ruivo. Source: flickr Pico Ruivo.
- Levada Walks. Source: lido-tours Levada Walks.
- Funchal Cable Car.
- Panoramic Drives.
- Parque Forestal de Queimadas.
- Monte Palace Tropical Garden.
Is Madeira a winter destination?
Long stay winter holidays Madeira is the perfect winter sun holiday destination – the weather is fantastic all year round, so the island isn’t any less lively. The main difference you’ll notice is the lack of crowds! Plus, of course, it’s cheaper to visit Madeira in the winter than the summer.
Where is the warmest place in Europe in December?
10 Warmest Places in Europe in Winter – December, January &
- Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.
- Lanzarote, Canary Islands.
- Tenerife, Canary Islands.
- Gran Canaria, Canary Islands.
- Malaga, Spain.
- Limassol, Cyprus.
- Madeira, Portugal.
- Alicante, Spain.
What is the best month to go to Madeira?
The best time to go to Madeira for warm weather and comfortable temperatures is in spring or autumn. It’s still very warm and you’ll have at least nine hours of beautiful sunshine to enjoy per day.
Is Madeira Nice in December?
Madeiran winters are usually very pleasant: in December and January, Funchal enjoys five times as much sunshine hours than London. Daytime temperatures hover just under 20C: mild enough to swim in the sea or a heated outdoor pool, though there’s always the possibility of rain.
Can you sunbathe in Madeira in January?
Funchal Beaches for January Still, they provide great backdrops for sunbathing and swimming, though in January you may want to give the water a miss. At this time of year, they’re best for taking winter walks along or enjoying a book in a sheltered spot in the midday sunshine.
Is Madeira good in December?
What’s the weather like in Madeira in December? Madeira may be ruled by Portugal, but it’s closer to Africa. It’s just off the northwest coast, meaning the archipelago has a wonderful climate with warm weather all year round. This makes it a great option if you’re looking for a dose of winter sun.
How warm is Madeira in November?
How Hot Is Madeira In November? The average temperature for Madeira in November drops from 21°C on 1 November to 18°C by the end of the month. Daily highs begin October at 23°C, dropping to 20°C, and lows go from 18°C to 16°C.
How far is Madeira Airport from Funchal?
What is the distance from Madeira Airport to the centre of Funchal? Funchal’s city centre is located 19 kilometres / 11.8 miles from Madeira Airport, by car you can cover the distance in 20 to 25 minutes.
What should I bring to Madeira?
What to pack?
- day backpack.
- water bottle.
- comfortable walking / hiking shoes.
- flip flops / sandals.